Position Title: Website and Social Media Innovator
The Website and Social Media Innovator reports to the Director of Communications. This position is responsible for maintaining and updating the websites and social media affiliated with Middle Collegiate Church. The website and social media innovator helps create and implement online and print media strategy. This position is key to support the vision and mission of the church. Middle Church passionately works for racial, LGBTQ and economic justice throughout the year.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages social media accounts: Middle Collegiate Church Facebook, Twitter, Instagram; Jacqui Lewis Facebook and Twitter; Middle Project Facebook and Twitter; That’ll Preach Facebook and Twitter
2. Maintains and updates the copy and design of four websites: (Middle Church, Jacqui Lewis, Middle Project and Revolutionary Love Conference)
3. Designs graphics and image editing in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop): Creates graphics for 3 websites, Facebook/Twitter, Eventbrite graphics, conference digital promotions
4. Familiar and comfortable with HTML
5. Generates monthly social media and website analytical reports
6. Designs print materials
7. Designs, edits, and shares e-blasts for Middle Church, Middle Project, and the senior minister
8. Writes occasional text and offers copy editing for Middle programming
9. Other communications projects as requested by supervisor
This position is usually a Monday through Friday position. Middle Church is a dynamic and fast paced organization. On occasion, the person may be requested to work on a Sunday, some evenings, some holidays for special events.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Expectations
1. Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
2. Strong written and oral communications ability
3. Able to work in a team environment with all levels within the organization to achieve the goals, principles and missions of the church
4. Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects
5. Bachelors degree
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Christina Fleming, email@example.com. Please do not call.
4 year degree
Benefit package includes vacation and health insurance. It is a 40-hour work week.