Middle Virtual Gatherings
***REGISTRATION FOR ALL PROGRAMMING ENDS 1 HOUR BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS. SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO RSVP AHEAD OF TIME!***
Note: Beginning Monday, May 25th, you can also call 212-477-0666 x345 at any time to hear a prayer, scripture and reflection from a middle pastor. Offerings are updated each Monday at 8:30 a.m. This will replace the previously hosted Monday morning Zoom prayer.
Although we have canceled all in-person worship and programming due to the coronavirus outbreak, we are committed to providing ongoing opportunities to gather online. We may be socially distanced, but spiritually we remain connected; trusting that the God who created and cares for us will guide our community through this crisis in love!
We hope you'll join us for the events listed below! And stay tuned, we add to this list as new programs become available. All events are listed in ET.
*Happens Daily*, 3:00 p.m.: Daily Meditation with Anu Gupta
Thursday, June 4, 12:00 p.m.: Conversation for Parents of White Children
Thursday, June 4, 1:00 p.m.: New Adventures
Thursday, June 4, 6:30 p.m.: Writing Group
Thursday, June 4, 7:00 p.m.: Jerriese Johnson Gospel Choir Rehearsal
Sunday, June 7, 10:00 a.m.: Voter Reform Project
Sunday, June 7, 10:30 a.m.: Bible in the Middle
Sunday, June 7, 10:45 a.m.: Middle Out Loud
Sunday, June 7, 10:45 a.m.: Kids' Sunday Enrichment
Sunday, June 7, 11:45 a.m.: Worship Celebration
Sunday, June 7, 1:00 p.m.: Graduation Celebration and Sermon Talk Back
Sunday, June 7, 7:00 p.m.: Dinner Party
Monday, June 8, 6:00 p.m.: Pub Theology
Monday, June 8, 6:30 p.m.: Acting Class
Monday, June 8, 7:00 p.m.: Grief Gathering
Tuesday, June 9, 7:00 p.m.: Jesus and the Disinherited Book Group
Wednesday, June 10, 1:00 p.m.: Racism: A Public Health Crisis
Wednesday, June 10, 7:00 p.m.: Queer Roundtable Discussion
Thursday, June 11, 1:00 p.m.: New Adventures
Thursday, June 11, 5:00 p.m.: Mask Making Party
Thursday, June 11, 5:30 p.m.: Creativity Lab
Thursday, June 11, 6:30 p.m.: Writing Group
Thursday, June 11, 7:00 p.m.: Jerriese Johnson Gospel Choir Rehearsal
Saturday, June 13, 2:00 p.m.: ¡Hablamos!
Sunday, June 14, 10:30 a.m.: Bible in the Middle
Sunday, June 14, 10:45 a.m.: Kids' Sunday Enrichment
Sunday, June 14, 11:45 a.m.: Juneteenth Worship Celebration
Sunday, June 14, 1:00 p.m.: Virtual Chat and Chew
Sunday, June 14, 7:00 p.m.: Dinner Party
MIDDLE CHURCH ZOOM COVENANT
- Please take time before the meeting to download the Zoom app and/or familiarize yourself with zoom.us — it's easy and free to do so. If you need help troubleshooting, visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/200305593-Troubleshooting.
- Please visit this page at least 5 minutes before your meeting to ensure you are using the correct link for your intended meeting.
- Upon entering, confirm that you are in the right meeting.
- Please change your display name. Enter your Full Name, pronouns, and your city. i.e. "Amanda Hambrick Ashcraft (she/her, NYC)"
- Upon entering the meeting, please hit video, as we'd love to see you.
- Also, hit mute to avoid any audio issues. Unmute yourself when you'd like to weigh in on the conversation.
- Sometimes, the host of the meeting will mute and unmute everyone as the meeting requires.
- If you have a question related to the conversation but would prefer to just type it in, there is a "Chat" section on the Zoom video where you can type in a question. We'll be checking that chatbox often to ensure we address all member comments before the meeting ends.
- Zoom participants will adhere to demonstrating Revolutionary Love at all times. If a participant’s behavior is deemed inappropriate by the meeting host, they will be removed. Inappropriate behavior includes but is not limited to: harassment, threats, bigotry of any kind, and not identifying themself.
- For additional troubleshooting, see the sidebar above.
- We are thrilled you are here and look forward to a wonderful time together.
Virtual Programs from Our Community Partners
Virtual AA meetings can be found here.
Downtown Meditation offers weekly chances to meditate: