Pride Float Design Submissions!
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
2023 NYC Pride Float Design for Middle Church
Deadline: Design submissions are due by 5pm EST on Friday, April 14th, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Churches have historically played a role in keeping queerness out of their pews, lying about God to deny the blessedness LGTBQIA2S+ people. At Middle Church, we do things differently. We throw open our doors and windows and invite queer community to lead, dance, sing, and celebrate who we are and who God is. We believe in the non-binary nature of holiness, the queerness God embodies and delights in. We are on a mission to reclaim sanctuaries as a home for fierce love. We want to let everyone know that God is, was, and will always be queer, and that God has always called our communities holy.
Scope of the project
Calling all designers and artists in our community – We need your help! Please submit your vision for Middle’s float in the 2023 Pride Parade. The Middle team will vote on design submissions and the selected design will receive a $500 artist stipend. The design will be provided to our float vendor for production!
NYC Pride 2023 Theme: “Strength in Solidarity”
- The float will feature Middle’s Jerriese Johnson Gospel Choir singing live (standing in front of the rear wall
- Please make prominent use of middlechurch.org, a QR code, our logo, and the language “Love. Period. Really.”
- We would love a lively and colorful design at the back of the float to continue our branding as it drives away from folks
- Consider use of a variety of statements about what Middle believes about God. (e.g. God is bold. Gold is artistic. God is antiracist. God is disabled. God is Black. God is change. God is love.)
- A primary message would be: God is trans. God is queer. So are we.
- 24ft float fabricated from steel and compound with elevated level at rear
- Hollow railings all around steps to get on/off float (driver’s side)
- 8’x8′ Back wall for signage
- 25-30 person capacity
- Client has choice of trim and skirt color
- Vinyl wraps, truss and rigging, LED video walls, audio systems, underneath storage, power outlets, and 3D fabrication.
- Custom Branding: Link to Middle’s Brand Guidelines
- Full vinyl wrap of float
- All printing and materials
- Custom color theme 100% Skirting
- **Any 3-D objects will be added as a separate line item
Example of float designs: