Stop AAPI Hate
Racism is public desecration. God loves Asian and Pacific Islander people, and weeps at rising anti-Asian violence: Each racist attack tears what God created, blessed and named good. We mourn with the Asian community in the wake of the heinous terrorism in Atlanta: We must name and uproot this evil. And it’s doubly despicable that this present wave of violence was stoked by bigoted government officials who have erroneously blamed Asian people for COVID-19; betrayal by the very people who are supposed to keep us safe. At Middle Church, we know that we are all responsible for fighting hatred in every form, and we are committed to standing with our Asian congregants, neighbors and friends to eradicate this evil. We love you! We are you! You are not alone. We are here for all of us.
Additionally, please consider attending an upcoming training via Zoom with Hollaback!:Bystander Intervention to Stop Anti-Asian/American Harassment and Xenophobia. This online training will teach registrants Hollaback!’s 5D’s of bystander intervention methodology.
If you would like to get involved in Middle’s NYC Justice efforts, please email Rev. Amanda. And consult the list below for other ways you can get involved.
- General GoFundMe + links to individual causes: https://www.gofundme.com/c/act/stop-aapi-hate
- Care services for elders:
- Chinatown Senior Center: (212) 233-8930, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Korean American Senior Citizens Society of Greater New York: (718) 886-8203
- Open Door Senior Center: (212) 431-9026
- Department For the Aging: (212) 442-1100
- Safety resources with translations
- Reporting Anti-Asian hate
- Community-led organizations
- Help for AAPI small businesses
- Send Chinatown Love Link-tree: https://linktr.ee/sendchinatownlove
- Longevity Fund: https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/the-longevity-fund-welcome-to-chinatown-small-business-relief-fund
- Small business spreadsheet: https://chinatown.nyc/
- For LGBTQ+ AAPI
- Mental health services