Middle Virtual Gatherings
***REGISTRATION FOR ALL PROGRAMMING ENDS 1 HOUR BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS. SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO RSVP AHEAD OF TIME!***
Note: You can call 212-477-0666 at any time to hear a prayer, scripture and reflection from a middle pastor, choose option "4" for English, option "5" for Spanish. Offerings are updated each Monday at 8:30 a.m.
Although we have canceled all in-person worship and programming due to the coronavirus outbreak, we are committed to providing ongoing opportunities to gather online. We may be socially distanced, but spiritually we remain connected; trusting that the God who created and cares for us will guide our community through this crisis in love!
We hope you'll join us for the events listed below! And stay tuned, we add to this list as new programs become available. All events are listed in ET.
Thursday, August 6, 1:00 p.m.: New Adventures
Thursday, August 6, 6:30 p.m.: Creative Writing Group
Sunday, August 9, 10:30 a.m.: Bible in the Middle
Sunday, August 9, 10:45 a.m.: Kids' Sunday Enrichment
Sunday, August 9, 10:45 a.m.: New Members Gathering
Sunday, August 9, 11:45 a.m.: Worship Celebration
Sunday, August 9, 1:00 p.m.: Chat and Chew
Sunday, August 9, 1:00 p.m.: Youth Gathering
Sunday, August 9, 7:00 p.m.: Dinner and a Movie
Monday, August 10, 6:30 p.m.: Acting Class
Tuesday, August 11, 6:00 p.m.: Writing Group
Wednesday, August 12, 7:00 p.m.: Do the Write Thing
Wednesday, August 12, 7:00 p.m.: New Members Gathering
Wednesday, August 12, 7:00 p.m.: Queer Black Men in the Middle
Thursday, August 13, 1:00 p.m.: New Adventures
Thursday, August 13, 6:30 p.m.: Creative Writing Group
Thursday, August 13, 6:30 p.m.: Reparations Task Force
Sunday, August 16, 10:00 a.m.: Voter Reform Project
Sunday, August 16, 10:30 a.m.: Bible in the Middle
Sunday, August 16, 10:45 a.m.: Kids Sunday Enrichment
Sunday, August 16, 11:45 a.m.: Worship Celebration
Sunday, August 16, 1:00 p.m.: Chat and Chew
Sunday, August 16, 7:00 p.m.: Dinner Party
MIDDLE CHURCH ZOOM COVENANT
- Please take time before the meeting to download the Zoom app and/or familiarize yourself with zoom.us — it's easy and free to do so. If you need help troubleshooting, visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/200305593-Troubleshooting.
- Please visit this page at least 5 minutes before your meeting to ensure you are using the correct link for your intended meeting.
- Upon entering, confirm that you are in the right meeting.
- Please change your display name. Enter your Full Name, pronouns, and your city. i.e. "Amanda Hambrick Ashcraft (she/her, NYC)"
- Upon entering the meeting, please hit video, as we'd love to see you.
- Also, hit mute to avoid any audio issues. Unmute yourself when you'd like to weigh in on the conversation.
- Sometimes, the host of the meeting will mute and unmute everyone as the meeting requires.
- If you have a question related to the conversation but would prefer to just type it in, there is a "Chat" section on the Zoom video where you can type in a question. We'll be checking that chatbox often to ensure we address all member comments before the meeting ends.
- Zoom participants will adhere to demonstrating Revolutionary Love at all times. If a participant’s behavior is deemed inappropriate by the meeting host, they will be removed. Inappropriate behavior includes but is not limited to: harassment, threats, bigotry of any kind, and not identifying themself.
- For additional troubleshooting, see the sidebar above.
- We are thrilled you are here and look forward to a wonderful time together.
Virtual Programs from Our Community Partners
Virtual AA meetings can be found here.
Downtown Meditation offers weekly chances to meditate: