Scripture notes for October 30, 2022

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    CatherineTorpey
    Participant

Hello there!

***NOTE*** – if you are not in the USA or Canada, check what time 10am Sunday will be in your country. Many countries change their clocks this weekend, whereas the US and Canada wait until next week. This link will show your local time (although if you use a VPN, make sure it’s off).

Our Rev. Jacqui is preaching this Sunday on “Changed, for Good.” Her text is Luke 19:1-10.

We’ve had lots of Luke recently, which is a true delight. Quick recap on Luke, and then I’ll send you off to a YouTube video for a fun analysis of this week’s pericope.

Luke was a physician and a disciple of Paul. We don’t know if Luke is really the historical author of the book of Luke, but it’s the traditional attribution. We do know, from the philological evidence, that Luke wrote both the gospel attributed to them, and the book of Acts. The gospel of Luke is the one most explicitly on the side of the poor and the disenfranchised. For instance, Luke’s birth narrative is the one that is all about Mary, whereas Matthew’s is all about Joseph. Luke’s story begins with Jesus’ preparation for the first 8 chapters, and then from chapter 9 to chapter 19 (our chapter), Jesus is traveling toward his fate in Jerusalem.

As for today’s pericope, I liked this video. I don’t know this YouTuber, so I don’t want to say that I endorse his theology in general, but I thought this analysis was well done:

See you Sunday!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.